How to pay NHIF via Mpesa payment is actually easy to do when you want to make your monthly contributions to NHIF using NHIF Paybill Number.
You just need to be registered with MPESA and your MPESA account must be active. When you want to make the payment ensure you have the amount you want to send including the Mpesa charges shown below, otherwise topup the amount you would like to send for your contribution including the Safaricom Mpesa charges that you may incur as shown on the MPESA Charges table below.
The contributions for voluntary and self-employed currently is Kshs 500 per month. Choose the number of months you would like to pay NHIF via Mpesa payment and send the desired amount.
HOW TO PAY NHIF VIA MPESA PAYMENT USING THE NHIF PAYBILL NUMBER
- Go to the MPesa menu on your phone and select the Payment Services
- Choose Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number which is 200222.
- Enter Account Number– this is the contributor’s National Identity Card Number.
- Enter amount you wish to send for your contributions and press okay.
- Enter your MPesa pin
- Confirm that the details are correct then press okay
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation SMS from MPesa.
Before you Pay NHIF via MPESA Payment take a minute to see the Safaricom charges below that you may be charged for the transaction.
NHIF MPESA CHARGES TABLE
Minimum Amount (Kshs)
Maximum Amount (Kshs)