KPLC Paybill Number to pay KPLC Bill for prepaid customers (those who use prepaid meters) is 888880 and for postpaid customers (those who are billed monthly) the Pay Bill number is 888888.
KPLC Paybill Number to pay KPLC Bill
|Customer Type||KPLC Paybill Number|
|Prepaid customers |
(If you use prepaid meters)
|Postpaid customers |
(If you are billed monthly)
Below is How to use KPLC Paybill Number to pay your KPLC Bill
- Get to your Safaricom menu, then select MPESA.
- Choose Lipa na MPESA, then Pay Bill.
- Now enter the Pay bill number for KPLC prepaid meters which is 888880 for prepaid meters (for customers who use prepaid meters) and 888888 for postpaid customers (customers who are billed monthly).
- Next, Key in your full KPLC prepaid meter number (e.g. 123456-01). This is also your KPLC account number.
- Now Enter the amount to pay and press OK (Should be between 100 Kshs and 35,000 Kshs)
- Enter your PIN.
- Double check and confirm that you have entered the correct information, including the amount, KPLC Paybill Number and your Kenya Power account number. Then hit OK to send and complete the MPESA transaction to pay your KPLC bill.
- You should receive a transaction confirmation SMS from MPESA.
- You will also receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS from KPLC.
By using KPLC paybill number to pay your KPLC bill allow up to 48 hours for Kenya Power to update your account.
How KPLC Ebill Works
KPLC Ebill SMS Service
The ebill SMS service allows you to query your electricity account balance and bill due date using your mobile phone. Below follow these easy steps to check you bill using your mobile phone:
- Create a new SMS message.
- Type the first part of your account number in the message field. For example, if your account number is 998877-01, just type 998877.
- Send this message to 95551.
- In a few seconds you will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details. This service works for Kenyan networks. Please Note: It is charged at Kshs. 5/- above the normal SMS rates.
Ebill email Service
The E-bill email service enables you to check your electricity account balance and bill due date via email. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Open a new e-mail message.
- Type the first part of your account number in the subject field. For example, if your account number is 998877-01, just type 998877.
- Email the blank message to bill(at)kplc.co.ke Within a few minutes you will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details and payment due date.
It is important to key in the correct account number and follow the procedure of sending the message in order to get a positive response. Also note that despite the introduction of Ebill services, your detailed electricity bill will continue to be dispatched through your postal address.
KPLC customer care contacts
Should you experience problems while or after making payment using the KPLC Paybill Number, use the following telephone hotline numbers 95551 or 0703070707 or 0732170170 and for service-related enquiries.